Teriyaki Chicken is an effortless pressure cooker chicken recipe. An easy and quick restaurant style dinner with just a few simple ingredients.
- Chicken breasts/thighs (skinless and boneless)- 1.3 pounds (600 grams), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Vegetable oil- 2 tablespoons
- Low-sodium soy sauce- 1/2 cup
- Light brown sugar- 3 tablespoons
- Rice vinegar-3 tablespoons
- Sesame oil- 2 tablespoons
- Red chili flakes-1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger (minced)-1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves (minced)-1 tablespoon
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Cornstarch ( mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons water)- 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Spring onions (sliced) to garnish
- Turn on the instant pot. Press "Saute" button and select temperature with the adjust key for "More" , 338°F (170°C). Once it reaches the temperature, you will see "hot". Add the vegetable oil and place the chicken in the Instant pot. Brown on all sides. Press "Cancel" when the chicken is browned.
- In a medium bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, red chili flakes and water. Pour the mixture over the chicken and give a nice stir.
- Continue with "Pressure cook" on "HIGH" and set time -/+ for 3 minutes. When the time is over, do a a quick release.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and put on the plate.
- Press "Saute" button. Once the sauce comes to a simmer, whisk in the cornstarch mixture and allow to simmer until the sauce thickens. Turn off the instant pot and return the chicken back into the pressure cooker. Stir to coat in the sauce.
- Garnish with spring onions and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds if desired. Serve over Instant pot jasmine rice or steamed broccoli. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 495 kcal
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 657 mg
- Fat: 31 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 144 mg
Keywords: teriyaki chicken, chicken breast, chicken