Hearty, Nutrient-Dense Instant Pot Split Pea Soup with smoked chicken breast and lots of veggies is so easy to make. This Filling, healthy and flavorful Instant Pot soup is perfect for a cold day!
- Split yellow peas ( soaked*) -2 cups
- Ghee/ butter- 3 tbsp.
- Celery ribs ( diced)- 2 cups
- Carrot ( diced)-2 cups
- Onion ( diced)-1/4 cup
- Garlic cloves ( finely chopped)-5
- Smoked chicken breast ( diced)- 300 gm
- Chicken stock/ broth- 8 cups
- Bay leaf- 2
- Dry fenugreek leaves-1 tsp.
- Ground black pepper-1 tsp.
- Salt -to taste
- Fresh parsley - as needed to garnish
- Bread croutons -as needed for serving
- Turn the instant pot on and choose the Sauté function. Wait until it becomes hot and add ghee and garlic. Sauté 30-40 seconds or until fragrant. Add the onion and continue cooking until slightly browned, then add bay leaf, celery and carrots and saute 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the split peas,smoked chicken breast, black pepper and fenugreek leaves, pour the chicken stock/ broth (8 cups).Place the lid on the pot, lock it, choose Pressure Cooker High mode for 40 min + 10 minutes Natural Release.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve immediately with bread croutons.
* Soak yellow peas in cold water over night to reduce cooking time and get a more viscous puree.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Instant pot recipes
- Cuisine: Russian
- Serving Size: 100 gm
- Calories: 53kcal
- Sugar: 1.63g
- Sodium: 233mg
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 2.86 g
- Cholesterol: 3g
Keywords: instant pot split pea soup, instant pot recipes, instant pot soup recipes, soup recipes