This restaurant-style Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is a fast, budget friendly and delicious one-pot meal! You need simple ingredients like chicken, rice, frozen veggies, eggs and only 20 minutes of your time. Perfect lunch or dinner meal! It is better than take out chicken fried rice.
- Basmati rice ( soaked )- 2 1/4 cup
- Chicken breast (diced into 1/2-inch bite-sized pieces)- 500 gm / 1 pound
- Water- 2 1/4 cup
- Frozen mixed veggies ( thawed)- 2 cups
- Eggs ( lightly beaten)- 3
- Garlic cloves ( finely chopped)-4
- Soy sauce- 2 tbsp.
- Oyster sauce- 2 tbsp.
- Sesame oil- 6 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil- 3 tbsp.
- Black sesame seeds- 2 tsp. or as needed
- Turn on the Instant Pot, add 2 tbsp. of sesame oil into the pot, add the soaked Basmati rice, pour the water, seal the lid and choose "Pressure Cooker" mode High. Set time +/- for 4 minutes. Once it is cooked, press "Cancel" and allow quick pressure release.
- Transfer the cooked rice into a large bowl.
- Clean the pot. Choose "Pressure cooker" mode for 3 min. Heat 4 tbsp. of sesame oil and 3 tbsp. of vegetable oil, add chicken, seal the lid and cook. When the time is up, press "Cancel" and allow quick pressure release.
- Choose "Saute" mode and set time +/- for 10 minutes.Add the veggies and garlic to the pot and saute a few minutes.
- Push the ingredients to one side of the pot and add beaten eggs. The moisture from veggies will prevent the eggs from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook, stirring eggs constantly, until the eggs are cooked, then mix with the chicken and veggies.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce and mix.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook Time: 17 mins
- Category: Instant Pot recipes
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 100 g
- Calories: 120 kcal
- Fat: 2.75 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.24 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4.71 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot fried rice, chicken fried rice, instant pot rice recipes