If you have a bunch of fresh tomatoes you need to peel and seed, check out our method below!
- 1 tomato or as needed
How to Peel a tomato
- First, fill a large pot with water. Bring it to a boil.
- Cut an X shape in the bottom of each tomato. You don’t want to carve too far into the tomato: just deep enough to break the skin is plenty.
- Now prepare a bowl with some ice water in it.
- Place your X-marked tomatoes carefully into the boiling water. Allow them to simmer for a whole minute.
- When the minute is up, put your tomato in the ice bath. When the tomato has cooled down enough for you to comfortably handle it, peel the skin off. It should come off easily by hand, in large sections starting with each quadrant of your X marking.
How to Seed a tomato
- Cut your tomato in half along the equator. That means you don’t start with the stem end.
- Then gently squeeze your tomato to push the seeds out.
- Now you have freshly peeled and seeded tomatoes ready for sauce, chili, soup, or any other recipe you can think of!
- Calories: 21kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 5mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: how to peel a tomato, how to easily peel a tomato, how to peel and seed a tomato