Wondering how to cut an apple for a salad, cooking, or just for fun? Look no further! You don’t need any fancy tools or apple cutting devices to make some gorgeously sliced apples.
- 1 apple
- lemon juice ( optional)
- Sit your apple upright on a cutting board. Place your knife about a quarter inch to the side of the stem.
- Cut down through the fruit, avoiding the stem and core. Place this piece of apple to the side.
- Next, rotate your apple about one quarter turn. Make a similar cut.
- Turn again, another quarter rotation, and repeat. As always, avoid the stem and the core.
- Finally, cut off the last little piece of apple, disposing of the core.
- Now place these apple pieces (cut side down) on the chopping board. Cut them into slices of your preferred thickness. You can also rotate the slices through ninety degrees after cutting and turn them into little cubes.
If you want to cut apples ahead of time and store them for later use, you have a few options. Our favorite method is to toss the slices in freshly squeezed lemon juice before placing them in an airtight container, or sealable bag, in the fridge. Cut apples should last about 3-5 days in your refrigerator when stored using this method.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: Cooking Tutorials
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 92kcal
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to cut an apple, cooking tutorials