Learn how to cook frozen tortellini with this easy cooking tutorial. Boil them, bake, cook in instant pot or microwave.
- 1 packet frozen tortellini
- Fill a pot with enough water until it’s two inches below the rim and bring it to a boil over high heat. Just make sure to measure how much water you put inside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt for every half gallon– or two liters— of water. Stir to combine.
- Carefully lower the tortellini into the boiling water, stirring occasionally to avoid them sticking.
- Cook according to package instructions but a good rule of thumb in case yours don’t come with any directions is ten to twelve minutes.
- Drain and remove one tortellini from the pot. Let it cool slightly and taste it. If it’s undercooked, add it back into the pot and let the tortellini cook for two to three more minutes.
- Remove all the tortellini from the pot and set them aside to cool.
- Serve with sauce, top with some cheese, and enjoy!
Nutrition information provided for cheese tortellini.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 249kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 329mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
Keywords: how to cook frozen tortellini, tortellini recipe, filled pasta