- Shrimp/prawns (tails on)- 700 gm / 1.5 lb
- Vegetable oil- 1 tbsp.
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 4
- Unsalted butter - 1/3 cup
- Fresh lemon juice- 3 tbsp.
- Honey-1/3 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper- to taste
- FOR SERVING
- Fresh coriander leaves ( finely chopped)- 1 tbsp.
- Lemon wedges ( for serving) - as needed
- In a large pan or skillet melt butter over medium heat. Pour in honey, add the minced garlic and lemon juice. Mix to combine and cook 20-30 seconds or until the garlic is fragrant but not browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and divide it, leaving 2-3 tbsp. in the pan;reserve the rest of the sauce.
- In the same pan heat vegetable oil, sear the shrimp on both sides in two batches, about 2 minutes per side or until pink with red tails.
- Return the cooked shrimp back into the pan and pour in the reserved honey garlic butter sauce over them. Toss the shrimp well to coat in the sauce, cook for another 20 seconds.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Because this sauce contains honey , it can burn easily. That is why I cook the shrimp before applying the honey garlic sauce. That way the sauce glazes and caramelizes lightly without burning. I left only 2 tbsp. of sauce in the pan just to build up a thicker coat of sauce.
** You can oven sear the shrimp. Oven temperature for searing- 425F /220 C.
- Category: Seafood
- Cuisine: International