Creamy Ground Chicken Soup is comfort food at its best! Loaded with ground chicken, mushrooms and baby potatoes in a creamy broth! So cozy and comforting just perfect for cold winter days!
- Vegetable oil-2 tbsp.
- Medium onion (finely chopped)-1
- Garlic cloves (minced)-1 tbsp.
- Ground chicken- 2 lbs (900 g)
- Cumin powder– 1 tsp.
- Paprika-1 tsp.
- Onion powder- 1 tsp.
- Mushrooms ( quartered)- 0.5 lbs (250 g)
- Salt- 1/2 tsp. or to taste
- Celery ( diced)-1 cup
- Baby potatoes ( quartered)- 5 cups
- Chicken stock/ broth- 6 cups
- Black pepper- 1/2 tsp.
- Bay leaf-2
- Cream- 1 cup
- Cornstarch-2 tbsp.
- Baby spinach- 4 cup
- In a large 11-inch ( 28 cm) casserole pot heat vegetable oil. Add the chopped onion and saute until almost browned. Then add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the ground chicken, season with cumin powder, paprika and onion powder. Mix well and cook over medium high heat until chicken nicely browned, about 5 minutes. It won’t be completely cooked. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Finally, add the celery, baby potatoes, chicken stock and bay leaves. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch and cream and pour the mixture into the pot. Bring to a boil and allow to thicken (alternatively you can smash a few potatoes with a fork to thicken). Adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add the baby spinach, cover with the lid and turn down the heat.
- Serve with naan bread, scallion pancakes or gozleme.
- Category: Soup recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 240 kcal
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 316 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 36.2 g
Keywords: ground chicken recipes, chicken soup, ground chicken soup,