Godzilla Roll is the best sushi roll you can make at home. Loaded with crunchy shrimp tempura, cucumber, crab sticks and cream cheese.
- Sushi Rice (2 cups, uncooked) click HERE
- Shrimp tempura ( 8 pieces) click HERE
- Imitation crab sticks-8
- Cucumber or avocado (cut into fine sticks)-1
- Cream cheese- 5 oz
- Toasted Nori seaweed-4
- Heat enough oil ( about 1 cup) to 350 F / 175 C in a large skillet to deep fry sushi rolls.
- Place the bamboo sushi rolling mat on the table and cover with plastic wrap. Put a nori sheet in the middle of the mat, shiny side down.
- Keep a bowl filled with water nearby. Drench your hands to prevent rice from sticking and take a handful of rice. Spread evenly to cover the nori sheet. Carefully flip the nori over.
- Place 2 shrimp tempura, 2 cucumber sticks, 2 crab sticks and 2 tablespoons of cream cheese lengthwise on the seaweed. Roll the bamboo mat forward, keeping the filling inside with your fingers. Remove from the mat and place on a tray. Repeat the same with the remaining nori sheets.
- Use the leftover batter from the shrimp tempura. Dip each roll in the tempura batter and deep fry for about 2-3 minutes, turning the roll until it is golden brown on all sides. Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Cut a godzilla roll into 5-6 pieces, using a very sharp knife.
- Drizzle with spicy mayo or enjoy with yum yum sauce.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Shrimp recipes
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Calories: 519kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 301mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
Keywords: godzilla roll, shrimp tempura roll