This garlic lemon chicken is an awesome recipe of lemony chicken with tons of garlic. Minimum ingredients. Maximum flavor.
- 6-8 chicken thighs skin off or on, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 30 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2-3 thyme sprigs and fresh parsley to garnish
- Lemon slices
- French bread
- Preheat your oven to 425 F |220 C.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Season with salt and lemon pepper.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-high heat. When it is hot, add the chicken and sear the chicken about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and sear for another 8 minutes.
- Move chicken to the side, add the garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the unpeeled garlic cloves, pour the lemon juice and stock, then add oregano and thyme.
- Cover the pan/skillet with aluminum foil. Transfer the chicken to the preheated oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and thyme sprigs.
- Serve with lemon slices.
- Squeeze the buds of garlic onto the bread and spread like butter.
You can use a dry white wine instead of chicken stock/broth. We recommend Chardonnay, Sauv Blanc, Torrontés or Pinot Grigio.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 571kcal
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 921mg
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 190mg
Keywords: garlic lemon chicken, chicken, lemon chicken, chicken thighs