Garlic butter is perfect for steaks, pizza, boiled fish, lamb chops, potatoes and soups. It is the smoothest and best-tasting herb butter you've ever tried.
- Garlic cloves-6-8
- Unsalted butter- 1/2 cup
- Parsley/ coriander or mixed herbs- 1-2 tbsp.
- Salt- to taste
- Pepper-to taste
- Pour 2 liters of water into the saucepan and bring it to a boil. Then add unpeeled garlic cloves and boil for 5 seconds only.
- Drain, rinse and peel under cold water. Transfer to the saucepan and boil for another 30 seconds; drain and rinse.
- Pound garlic to a smooth paste in a mortar or crush them using the garlic press.
- Add butter and herbs and pound together for 1-2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
*Always cream or beat butter before you add the flavorings. Blend it using a hand mixer or mortar & pestle.
*I recommend to pound garlic to a paste with a pestle ( a garlic press can be used as well) and then gradually add butter with herbs.
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: butter recipes
- Cuisine: French