Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi is a delicious restaurant quality meal. Succulent shrimp swimming in a buttery, garlicky and lemony sauce in less than 15 minutes. Perfect served alone or over pasta, rice or with crusty bread.
- Salted butter - 3 tbsp.
- Olive oil- 3 tbsp.
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 5
- Medium shrimp ( peeled and deveined)- 700 gm or 1 1/2 pounds
- Vegetable stock-1/4 cup
- Red peppercorns ( ground or whole)- 1 tsp.
- Ground black pepper- 1/4 tsp or to taste
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp.
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped)- 2 tbsp.
- Lemon slices - as needed for serving
- Melt butter in a large pan/skillet over medium heat.Add the minced garlic and sauté, stirring frequently until fragrant but not browned ( approximately 40 seconds).
- Add the shrimp , red peppercorns, black pepper and continue to saute for 1 minute, flipping the shrimp.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and lemon juice and remove from the heat immediately.
- Serve with lemon slices over rice, noodles or veggies.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Shrimp recipes
- Cuisine: International
- Calories: 291 kcal
- Sodium: 1427 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 35 g
Keywords: garlic butter shrimp, shrimp recipes, shrimp scampi