Creamy Farfalle Pasta in a garlic Parmesan cream sauce is a quick and delicious weeknight dinner!
- Farfalle pasta- 9 oz (250 g)
- Vegetable oil- 2 tablespoon
- Yukon/ red potatoes (peeled and diced)-2 cups
- Brown mushrooms ( sliced) 9 oz (250 g)
- Butter- 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves (minced)-1 tablespoon
- Fresh/frozen green peas- 1/2 cup
- Heavy cream- 1/2 cup
- Milk- 1 cup
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese- 1 cup
- Baby spinach- 4 cups
- Ground Black pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- as needed
- In a large skillet heat vegetable oil. Add the diced potatoes, and cook over medium high heat until almost tender ( but not completely cooked), about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook further for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in the green peas. Season with salt and pepper and cook 1- 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet melt butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 50 seconds.
- Pour in the heavy cream, milk and add the grated cheese. Cook until the cheese melts, stirring. Add the baby spinach to the skillet, reduce the heat to low and allow spinach to wilt. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. If the sauce is too thick, add a few tablespoons of milk to thin it out. And if it is too runny, add more Parmesan.
- Add the drained farfalle to the sauce. Stir on low heat to combine.
- Divide the pasta between bowls , top with cooked veggies and Parmesan cheese if desired.
Start cooking pasta when the potatoes are almost tender. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add farfalle pasta and cook according to the package instructions until "al dente". Drain.
* Alternatively you can add the garlic into the skillet with veggies, cook until fragrant.Then add the heavy cream, milk and Parmesan and cook until the cheese melts through. Stir in spinach and allow it to wilt. Season with salt and pepper. And pour the sauce over the drained pasta. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Pasta recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 625 kcal
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 503 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 64 g
- Protein: 22 g
Keywords: farfalle pasta, pasta recipes, pasta