This Creamy Salmon recipe is easy, delicious and ready in 20 minutes. Learn how to cook salmon in a mouth-watering, creamy coconut sauce. Pan seared salmon fillets are juicy inside with crispy edges. Coated in a delicious dairy-free coconut garlic sauce with a hint of chili. It is a one-skillet dish. You will love everything about this salmon recipe, how easy it comes together and how amazingly it tastes. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
FOR THE SALMON
- Vegetable oil-2 tbsp.
- Salmon fillets ( skinless or skin on)- 4 , about 1 kg/ 2.2 pound
- Garlic powder- 1 1/2 tsp.
- Salt and black pepper- as needed
- Charred lemon slices- 3-4 , optional
FOR THE CREAMY SAUCE
- Garlic cloves ( finely chopped)-6
- Coconut cream- 1 1/4 cup
- Coconut milk powder- 2 tbsp.
- Almond flour- 1 tbsp.
- Red chili flakes- 1/4 tsp.
- Ground black pepper- 1/2 tsp.
- Green chili ( sliced)-1
- Salt - to taste
- In a large non stick pan/ skillet heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Season salmon fillets with garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper on both sides. Once the pan is very hot, sear salmon for 5 minutes on each side or until it is cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan/skillet cook the chopped garlic until fragrant, about 30-40 seconds. Add in the coconut cream, red chili flakes and coconut powder. Mix well.
- Stir in almond flour, season with salt and pepper. Add green chili.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce simmer for another minute or until all the ingredients release their flavors and sauce thickens a little bit. Test the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your liking, if needed.
- Return the salmon to the pan, top with charred lemon slices and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve with steamed broccoli, mashed potatoes, homemade pasta , jasmine rice or cauliflower rice.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Salmon recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 301.4
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 70.1 mg
- Fat: 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.9 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 30.2 g
- Cholesterol: 80.5 mg
Keywords: salmon recipes, salmon, creamy salmon, creamy coconut salmon