Creamy Salmon Piccata is a quick and delicious one pot salmon recipe. Seasoned salmon fillets pan seared and served with an incredible creamy lemon piccata sauce. A perfect salmon dish for lunch or dinner!
- Salmon fillets ( skinless)- 4 ( about 6 oz / 800 gm)
- Ground black pepper- to taste
- All-purpose flour- 1/4 cup, optional
- Salt- as needed
- Vegetable oil- 2 tbsp for frying
- Unsalted butter- 2 tbsp.
- Garlic cloves ( minced)- 1 tbsp.
- Low-sodium chicken stock/broth- 1 1/4 cup
- Cornstarch- 1 tbsp, mixed with 1 tablespoon of water or broth
- Lemon juice- 4 tbsp.
- Heavy cream- 1/2 cup
- Capers ( rinsed & drained)- 4 tbsp.
- Ground black pepper- 1/2 tsp.
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped)- 2 tbsp.
- Lemon slices to serve
- Season each salmon fillet with salt and ground black pepper. Put 1/4 cup of all purpose flour into a flat or shallow dish. Dredge the salmon to coat evenly and shake off excess.
- In a large non-stick pan heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Once it is hot, add the salmon and cook for about 8-10 minutes, about 4-5 minutes per side. The internal temperature should be 145 F ( 62 C) in the thickest part. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Keep aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan over medium high heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in the chicken stock/ broth along with lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Mix the cornstarch with water or broth and add the mixture into the pan. Whisk immediately to avoid any lumps.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook for a further minute until the sauce thickens.
- Add the capers and remove from the heat.
- Return the salmon back into the pan. Adjust salt and pepper to your liking. Garnish with chopped parsley and add in lemon slices.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, pasta, steamed broccoli or mashed cauliflower.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Salmon recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 457 kcal
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 519 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 126 mg
Keywords: creamy salmon piccata, salmon piccata, piccata, salmon recipes