Creamy Garlic Chicken Breasts are an easy and ultimate chicken dinner. Tender chicken breasts in a hearty garlic sauce loaded with garlic and cheese.
For The Chicken:
- Chicken breasts ( skinless and halved horizontally to make 4-5)- 2-3
- Salt - 2 teaspoons
- Ground black pepper- 1 teaspoons
- Garlic powder- 2 teaspoons
- All-purpose flour- 4 tablespoons
- Fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese- 4 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil- 3 tablespoons
- Unsalted butter- 2 tablespoons
For The Sauce:
- Onion (finely chopped)-1
- Garlic cloves- 13-14
- Chicken stock or broth- 1 1/4 cup
- Half & half or heavy cream- 1 1/4 cup
- Fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese-1/2 cup
- Fresh parsley ( finally chopped)- 2 tablespoons or as needed
- Place chicken fillets on the cutting board, pat dry and season with ground black pepper, salt and garlic powder on both sides.
- Combine the flour and Pecorino Romano cheese in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour-cheese mixture and shake off excess.
- In a large non stick pan/ skillet heat vegetable oil and butter over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and fry until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes ( 5 minutes per side). You might need to fry chicken in batches. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate. Keep aside.
- In the same pan/ skillet saute onion until translucent and soft over medium heat.
- Using a heavy knife, smash about 7-8 garlic cloves. Simply place the blade on the clove and press the blade down on the clove. Add the smashed garlic together with whole garlic cloves to the pan and saute until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock , scraping any brown bits. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Pour in the half & half, then bring the sauce to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the Pecorino Romano cheese and cook until the cheese melts. Season with black pepper. Adjust salt to your liking.
- Return the chicken back to the pan.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Server over mashed potatoes, cacio e pepe, Instant Pot basmati rice or steamed broccoli.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 452 kcal
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 1205 mg
- Fat: 36 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 85 mg
Keywords: creamy garlic chicken breasts, chicken breast recipes,