This creamy dill sauce for salmon takes only five minutes to make, with rich, bright flavors thanks to the inclusion of lemon juice and fresh dill. It’s great with pretty much any seafood.
Creamy Dill Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning, optional
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 4 (4 oz. each) salmon fillets, skin on or off
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small mixing bowl.
- Garnish with dill sprigs and cracked black pepper.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Air fry for 9-12 minutes at 400°F |205°C. The internal temperature in the thickest part should reach 145°F | 63°C.
- Serve with creamy dill sauce on the side.
Storage and Reheating
If you have leftovers, place them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. We recommend to store any leftover sauce in a separate container.
We don’t recommend to freeze this creamy dill sauce, but you can freeze air fryer salmon in a freezer-safe container. To do this, wrap each fillet in plastic wrap and place in an airtight and freezer-safe container.
Reheat on the stove or in your air fryer for the best results. The stovetop method: Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in your pan over medium high heat. Add the salmon and cook for about 4 minutes. Then, flip and cook further for 1 minute or until warmed through.
Air fryer method: Preheat your air fryer to 350 °F|177 °C. Place the salmon in your air fryer basket, skin side down. Cook 3-5 minutes or until warmed though.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Category: Salmon recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 359kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 393mg
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
Keywords: creamy dill sauce for salmon, creamy lemon dill sauce for salmon, creamy dill sauce recipe for salmon