- Chicken Fillet- 1 kg or 2 lbs
- Whole/ Sliced Mushrooms- 2 cans ( Net Wt: 850 g, Drained Wt: 460 g)
- Egg Noodles- 4-4 1/2 cups
- Sour cream- 200 gm ( 1 cup)
- Onion ( finely chopped)- 1 large
- Garlic cloves( finely chopped)- 3
- Low Fat Milk- 2 cups
- Chicken Broth -1/2 cup
- Maggi Chicken Cube-1
- All purpose flour- 3 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter- 50 gm
- White pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf- 2-3
- Chicken spice mix- 2 tbsp
- Salt -To Taste
- Fresh Dill leaves ( finely chopped)- 1 bunch
- Peel and chop the onion. Take a large skillet or non-stick pan, melt butter. Add chopped onion and fry until it become golden .
- Wash and drain canned mushrooms. Add them to the browned onion. Fry another 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk sour cream a little bit and pour into skillet.
- Mix all purpose flour with 1/2 cup milk and pour into the skillet too. Cook another 5 minutes,stirring from time to time.
- Spray slow cooking insert with cooking spray.
- Cut chicken fillet into small pieces ( approx. 1 inch x 1 inch) , coat in chicken spice mix. Transfer chicken into crock pot.
- Add mushrooms, remaining milk, chicken cube, chicken broth, chopped garlic, white pepper, black pepper, bay leaves, lemon juice and salt. Set "High" and cook 3 hours or set " Low" and cook 4-4 1/2 hours.
- Stir in egg noodles and cook 1 more hour or until noodles are thoroughly cooked.
- Garnish with fresh dill leaves. ( don't substitute for parsley or cilantro).
- Serve immediately.
How to Reheat Chicken Stroganoff:
In the oven:
Preheat your oven to 325 F or 170 C.
Place Chicken Stroganoff in ovenproof dish.
Heat covered (to retain moisture) 12-17 minutes or until heated through.
Heat Chicken Stroganoff 5 minutes and check; allow it to rest for 2 minutes to equalize heat.
- Category: Crock pot/Chicken Recipes
- Cuisine: Russian