This Chicken Stroganoff is a real hit. It is so delicious, flavorful and super easy to make.This Russian dish will become family favorite comfort food.Stroganoff is the ultimate when it comes to Russian comfort foods. Typically, it will be made from strips of beef that are served with a starch. While there isn’t a direct translation in Russian for chicken stroganoff, it actually translates to something like stroganoff from chicken. When made in Russia, it is generally served with thin straws of fried potatoes…like a shoestring fry.
As the popularity of stroganoff increased around the globe, it began to be served with different types of starches, such as pasta or rice. In the States, the favorite starch seems to be egg noodles. Even though this dish is traditionally made with beef, you can also make it with chicken.
There are a great deal of varieties of stroganoff out there…from China to Finland, Brazil to Japan and they each have their tiny differences. Versions in Japan tend to include parsley and buttered rice. Nordic versions favor sausage and in Brazil, there might be a can of corn, some ketchup or even shrimp added. This is definitely a dish that is well – known, but it is also quite easy to make.
This is also a great dish to make for a dinner party. It can be the focal point of a dinner party that is talked about for months to come. You don’t need extravagant entertainment and a fancy buffet to throw an amazing dinner party. People might be mesmerized by those things but when it comes down to it, they will be truly impressed with food that is simple and delicious. You don’t need to be a slave to the stove and spend hours in your kitchen worrying about having to make individual meals or even a wide variety of appetizers. Dinner parties are meant to be stress free. They need to be fun. You are supposed to enjoy the party just as much as your guests are. All you need to do is create a single easy dish. You need one that is slam packed with flavor and will be set and ready to impress. Many times, people will get incredibly ambitious and be of the mind that they need to create something that has a lot of exotic ingredients in it. They will base the excellence of a recipe on how many ingredients it has. In reality though, when it comes to this kind of thing, less is actually more.
All that you need are a few well thought out and simple ingredients in order to make a meal that is absolutely stupendous. For instance, take a pound of your normal everyday chicken breasts, a jar of mushrooms, some sour cream, frozen peas, stew veggies, and onions, along with a few herbs and spices and a bit of Bisquick and you are ready to get started. In fact, the end result will be a meal that is fit for royalty. These are most of the ingredients that you will need to make the best chicken stroganoff that you have ever tasted.
When you make this chicken stroganoff for a dinner party, you will hear oohs and ahhs throughout the meal. Your dinner party will be an instant hit. The chicken will be tender and moist and the vegetables will be just right. Once your guests have tasted it, your dinner parties will be the highlight of their social life!
CHICKEN STROGANOFF RECIPE IN CROCK POTPrint
CHICKEN STROGANOFF IN CROCK POT
- Chicken Fillet- 1 kg or 2 lbs
- Whole/ Sliced Mushrooms- 2 cans ( Net Wt: 850 g, Drained Wt: 460 g)
- Egg Noodles- 4-4 ½ cups
- Sour cream- 200 gm ( 1 cup)
- Onion ( finely chopped)- 1 large
- Garlic cloves( finely chopped)- 3
- Low Fat Milk- 2 cups
- Chicken Broth -½ cup
- Maggi Chicken Cube-1
- All purpose flour- 3 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter- 50 gm
- White pepper- ½ tsp
- Black pepper- ½ tsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf- 2-3
- Chicken spice mix- 2 tbsp
- Salt -To Taste
- Fresh Dill leaves ( finely chopped)- 1 bunch
- Peel and chop the onion. Take a large skillet or non-stick pan, melt butter. Add chopped onion and fry until it become golden .
- Wash and drain canned mushrooms. Add them to the browned onion. Fry another 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk sour cream a little bit and pour into skillet.
- Mix all purpose flour with ½ cup milk and pour into the skillet too. Cook another 5 minutes,stirring from time to time.
- Spray slow cooking insert with cooking spray.
- Cut chicken fillet into small pieces ( approx. 1 inch x 1 inch) , coat in chicken spice mix. Transfer chicken into crock pot.
- Add mushrooms, remaining milk, chicken cube, chicken broth, chopped garlic, white pepper, black pepper, bay leaves, lemon juice and salt. Set "High" and cook 3 hours or set " Low" and cook 4-4 ½ hours.
- Stir in egg noodles and cook 1 more hour or until noodles are thoroughly cooked.
- Garnish with fresh dill leaves. ( don't substitute for parsley or cilantro).
- Serve immediately.
How to Reheat Chicken Stroganoff:
In the oven:
Preheat your oven to 325 F or 170 C.
Place Chicken Stroganoff in ovenproof dish.
Heat covered (to retain moisture) 12-17 minutes or until heated through.
Heat Chicken Stroganoff 5 minutes and check; allow it to rest for 2 minutes to equalize heat.
- Category: Crock pot/Chicken Recipes
- Cuisine: Russian
Chicken Stroganoff in Crock Pot!
Leave a Reply