These chicken ricotta meatballs are absolutely delicious chicken meatballs in a savory, creamy spinach Alfredo sauce with crispy bacon.
Chicken Ricotta Meatballs
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs or regular breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1.5 pounds ( 700 grams) ground chicken or turkey
- 6 ounces whole milk ricotta (approximately 3/4 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt as needed
- 6 bacon strips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cooking cream (35 % fat)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces (150 grams) baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450°F | 235°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the breadcrumbs with milk. Set aside to soak for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, parsley and sun-dried tomatoes to your food processor, pulse until finely chopped, scraping down the sides if needed.
- In a large bowl combine the mixture with the chicken, the soaked breadcrumbs, egg, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. Mix just until combined. Don't overmix or it will be dense.
- Shape the mixture into 18-20 2.5-inch meatballs. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet. Spray with cooking oil spray. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the meatballs are crisp on the outside and cooked through.
- Heat a large skillet or nonstick pan over medium heat. Fry bacon until crispy. Transfer to a plate. To the same pan, melt butter.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt.
- Whisk in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Finally, add the baby spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes or until wilted.
- Add the baked meatballs and cook further for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Chop the bacon and top the sauce.
- Serve immediately with pasta of your choice.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 206kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 506mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 18g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
Keywords: ground chicken, chicken meatballs, chicken breast recipes