Chicken Provencal combines ease and elegance in one dish! Chicken legs, seasoned with aromatic Herbs de Provence, are cooked with cherry tomatoes, olives, garlic, and shallots until they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken legs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 20 gloves of garlic
- 6-8 medium-size shallots, peeled and halved
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 4 sprigs of thyme, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Take a shallow bowl and put flour in it. Lightly coat the chicken with the flour and shake off any excess.
- Swirl some oil in a large roasting pan. Place the chicken in the pan and season it with herbes de Provence. Arrange the lemon, garlic cloves, cherry tomatoes, green olives and shallots around the chicken in the same pan. Then, pour the chicken broth over everything.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast the chicken for 25 to 30 minutes. Then, baste the chicken with the pan juices. Continue roasting for another 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is crisp and cooked through.
- Garnish with sprigs of thyme.
- Serve it with crusty bread, over a bed of rice, polenta, or mashed potatoes.
Storage: Let it cool down to room temperature and transfer to an airtight container. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If you need to store it for longer than that, you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
Reheat: Reheat in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until it's heated through. You can also reheat it in the microwave in a microwave-safe dish, using short intervals and stirring occasionally until it's heated through.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: French
- Calories: 545 kcal
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 813 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 83 mg
Keywords: chicken provencal, chicken provençal, herbs de provence chicken