These Chicken Meatballs are very juicy on the inside, made of ground chicken, cooked rice, garlic and onion and coated in a luscious, flavorful, delicious creamy sauce.
- Chicken ( tender chicken breasts or thighs)- 1 kg or 2.2 pounds
- Cooked rice ( cooled)-1 1/2 cup
- Small onion ( chopped)- 1
- Garlic cloves -1
- Large egg-1
- Onion powder- 1 tsp.
- Garlic powder- 1/2 tsp.
- Paprika-1 tsp.
- All-purpose flour - 1/3 cup, for dredging
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt- as needed
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Unsalted butter-2 tbsp.
- All-purpose flour-2 tbsp.
- Chicken broth- 2 cups
- Sour cream/ Cream cheese-1/4 cup
- Paprika-1 tsp.
- Dijon mustard-1/2 tsp.
- Salt-to taste
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped)-1 tbsp.
- Black pepper- 1/2 tsp or as needed
- Use a meat grinder to grind chicken, rice, garlic and onion, then season with onion powder, garlic, salt and paprika. Add egg and mix for about 5 minutes.
- Using a meat baller or with your hands, roll the meat into balls, then roll the balls in all-purpose flour, dusting off excess. Transfer onto a large tray.
- In a large skillet heat about 3 tbsp. of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add meatballs gently and saute them until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side, transfer to a plate.
- SAUCE.In the skillet ( you can use the same one), melt butter, then whisk all-purpose flour and continue stirring until lumps free and golden in color.Stir in Dijon mustard, chicken broth , sour cream and paprika. Cook until thickens. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Return the meatballs to the skillet, cook for another 2 minutes, then sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes or spaghetti.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: Russian
Keywords: chicken meatballs, chicken, easy meatballs, dinner