These crispy, crunchy, tasty oven baked chicken fillet will be a surefire hit at the dinner table. Take some chicken breast, endow it with some lemony garlic flavor, coat it in a golden-brown panko crumb and you’ve got an awesome treat.
- 1 1/2 lb (700 gram) boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise and brined in salted water ( 1/4 cup salt+ 1 quarter of water)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking oil spray, as needed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
- Brine chicken fillets. Fill a large bowl with 1 quarter and 1/4 cup sea salt. Stir until the salt is completely dissolved. Add the chicken fillets and let them sit in the salted water to brine for 15-20 minutes at room temperature, but not more than 30 minutes. If you plan to brine them for more than 30 minutes , place the bowl in the refrigerator. Don’t brine for more than 5-6 hours.
- Preheat your oven 425°F |220°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Keep aside.
- Parmesan Crust: In a large bowl combine the egg, oil, lemon juice, Italian herbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish mix together the Panko breadcrumbs with paprika, Parmesan cheese and onion powder.
- Remove the chicken fillets from the brine, rinse with water and pat dry with paper towels. Add them to the egg mixture and coat evenly.
- Dredge the chicken in the Parmesan mixture. Lightly press the coating onto the chicken. Transfer on the prepared baking sheet and spray generously with cooking oil spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. For charred edges, broil in the last 2 minutes. (you may also bake the chicken for 8 minutes, remove from the oven and flip. Bake further for 5-7 minutes).
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with mashed potatoes, steamed veggies or pasta. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 300kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 789mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 31g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
Keywords: chicken fillet, baked chicken, chicken breasts