- 2 lb (1 kg) chicken thighs with bone ( skin on or off)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb ( 500 g | 18 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 1 green or red chili pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned, about 10 minutes ( 5 minutes per side).
- Add in the chopped onion and cook further until translucent.
- Then, add the garlic, cherry tomatoes, and bell pepper. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover the skillet with the lid and cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, add chili and adjust seasoning to your liking. Cook further for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve with butter naan.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: Georgian
- Calories: 304kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 204mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 15g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
Keywords: chakhokhbili, chicken stew, stew recipes