Easy Ceviche recipe is packed with fresh shrimp, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, fresh cilantro, jalapenos and avocados. It is amazingly refreshing, light and full of flavor. You can use raw or cooked shrimp for this restaurant quality Mexican ceviche. It is a perfect meal for hot summer days.
- Shrimp ( cooked or raw, peeled, deveined and diced)- 600 gm / 1.3 lbs
- Fresh squeezed lime juice- 1 cup for raw shrimp or 1/2 cup for cooked shrimp
- Tomatoes ( diced)- 2 cups
- Large cucumber ( diced)-1
- Small red onion ( diced)- 1
- Large Avocado ( diced)-1
- Fresh cilantro leaves ( chopped)-1/2 cup
- Pickled jalapenos ( sliced)-1/4 cup , or 1 fresh jalapeno seeded
- Worcestershire sauce-1/ 4 cup
- Dried oregano- 1 tsp.
- Black pepper- to taste
- Salt- as needed
- Raw shrimp. In a large serving dish/bowl, combine shrimp with 1 cup of lime juice, then cover and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until shrimp are pink.
- Cooked shrimp. Combine shrimp with 1/2 cup of lime juice, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, chop and dice vegetables ( tomatoes, onion, cilantro, cucumber, avocado and cilantro).
- Once shrimp are ready, add vegetables to the serving dish/ bowl.
- Pour the Worcestershire sauce over the shrimp ceviche, season with oregano, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Serve immediately on tostadas or with tortilla chips.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 90 min
- Category: Salsa recipes
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 100 gm
- Calories: 62 kcal
- Sugar: 1.36 g
- Sodium: 158 mg
- Fat: 0.75 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.58 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 10.34 g
- Cholesterol: 18 mg
Keywords: ceviche, ceviche recipe, shrimp recipes