This delicious and healthy celery soup recipe is easy to make and perfect for a cozy meal. With simple ingredients and helpful tips, it's a must-try!
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 celery stalks ( or 2 cups), trimmed, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery root, chopped
- 2 large russet potato (about 1 pound), peeled and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 1/2 cups vegetables broth
- 1 1/2 cups white or brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, sliced, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the celery, celery root and diced potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to boil over high. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until all the vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Working in two or three batches, transfer the soup to a blender and purée until smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- In a medium pan, heat the remaining oil. Once it is hot, add the mushrooms and spread into one layer. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cook undisturbed for 3 to 5 minutes until one side is browned. Stir and continue cooking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are mostly golden brown on all sides.
- Add the cooked mushrooms to the pot of soup and stir to combine.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Let the soup cool down to room temperature before storing it.
- Transfer the soup to an airtight container or a large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Store the soup in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- To reheat the soup, gently warm it on the stove or in the microwave, stirring occasionally until it is hot throughout.
- If you have leftovers that you don't plan to eat within 4-5 days, consider freezing the soup for later consumption.
- Discard any leftover soup that has been sitting at room temperature for more than 2 hours, as it can spoil quickly.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Soups
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 150 kcal
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 454 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 1.25 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: celery soup, vegan celery soup, the best celery soup, vegan soups, soup recipe