- FOR WINGS
- Chicken wings ( separated at joints & tips removed)- 1 kg or 2.2 lb
- All purpose flour- 3/4 cup
- Chicken masala/ spice mix- 2 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Vegetable oil ( for deep frying)- 2 cups
- FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS SAUCE
- RedHot buffalo chicken wings sauce ( I used Ken's buffalo wings sauce)- 1/2 cup
- Unsalted butter- 1/ 4 cup
- Maple Medium syrup- 1/4 cup
- FOR SERVING
- Bleu Cheese Dressing*
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, the chicken masala and salt.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and apply the flour-mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover with plastic & refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat vegetable oil. Fry the coated wings in hot oil 15 minutes or until golden. You may need to fry them in batches. Remove the wings from the heat and place on the wire rack.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter. Add the Redhot sauce & mapple syrup. Cook until mixture is well-blended.
- Place the wings into the bowl. Pour the hot sauce over them & stir together.
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing for dipping and celery sticks ( optional).
* Blue cheese dressing
Light Mayonnaise- 1/2 cup
Sour cream- 1/2 cup
Almond milk- 2 tsp
Worcestershire sauce- 1 tsp
Blue cheese crumbles-3/4 cup
Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and serve.
- Category: Chicken recipes/Meat
- Cuisine: American