- FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- Fresh chicken fillet ( large)- 1
- Philadelphia cream cheese ( softened)*- 300 gm
- RedHot buffalo sauce- 3/4 cup
- Blue cheese dressing- 1/2 cup
- Black pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Salt -to taste ( if needed)
- FOR SERVING
- Scallions ( sliced) - 2 tbsp
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Celery sticks
- Boil/ bake/steam the chicken fillet until well cooked. Allow to cool and shred.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 18 cm baking dish/ 1 quart casserole.
- Top with ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and put in the oven. Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the scallions.
- Serve immediately with fresh veggies, celery sticks, Doritos, pita chips or tortilla chips.
HOW TO SERVE BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
There are so many different ways to serve a Buffalo Chicken Dip. Slices of raw celery, bell peppers and cucumber, miniature corn and sugar snaps, green beans, Rosa tomatoes and baby carrots are all excellent options. The fresh taste of garden vegetables makes them a great vehicle for the rich dip. Lightly steam or fry broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms and baby marrows right before serving them to bring out their flavour. Buffalo Chicken Dip is amazing spread on fresh or toasted bread and it’s already got strips of chicken in it so you don’t need to add anything more to your sandwich topping! You could also keep it simple by serving the dip alongside a big bowl of nachos or corn chips.
*Most recipes call for soft cream cheese, although smooth cottage cheese is a great option if you are looking to lower the calorie count. A quick way to soften cream cheese is to place it in the microwave for a few seconds. You can also add in crème fraîche as the dip can get quite heavy and this will add a beautiful lightness to it. Sour cream is also a great option in combination with cream cheese or cottage cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Chicken recipes/ Meat
- Cuisine: American