These air fryer buffalo chicken bites are a healthier and easier alternative to your favorite buffalo chicken wings. Serve them with a blue cheese sauce and celery sticks.
- 2 pounds (1 kilogram) boneless chicken breast, diced into 2" pieces
- 1/2 cup cornstarch or cornflour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Frank's RedHot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee
- Blue cheese dressing
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture to the chicken and toss until evenly coated.
- Preheat your air fryer. Spray the air basket with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the chicken and air fry at 390°F |200°C for 9-10 minutes. After 6 minutes, open the air fryer and flip the chicken. Cook further for 3-4 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken pieces. Transfer to a plate. You might need to air fry chicken in batches.
- Add the butter and Franks Red Hot sauce to the skillet and cook until the butter is melted.
- Add the chicken to the buffalo sauce and toss to coat all the pieces in the sauce. Cook further for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Serve immediately with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 235kcal
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 1183 mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 37g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
Keywords: buffalo chicken bites, chicken breast, chicken,