Satisfy your sweet tooth with our Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls. Soft dough filled with tangy blueberry and a hint of cinnamon. Perfect for breakfast or brunch. Easy to make and even easier to enjoy!
For the Dough:
- 1 cup warm milk (110°F)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar, divided
- 1 (2¼ teaspoons) package active dry yeast
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For The Blueberry Sauce:
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch ( mixed with 2 tablespoons water)
For The Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For The Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat your oven to 200 F for 2-3 minutes, then turn it off.
- In a large bowl combine the warm milk together with the melted butter, 1 tablespoon sugar and yeast. Let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg , flour, remaining sugar and salt and mix until the dough forms. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured working surface and knead for about 5 minutes or until soft and smooth.
- Lightly coat the bowl with olive oil or cooking oil spray and place the dough back into the bowl. Cover with a damp towel and transfer to a warm oven. Be sure to TURN OVEN OFF. Allow to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 19-inch x 13-inch rectangle and ¼-inch thick.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly op top.
- Spread about 1/2-3/4 cup of the blueberry sauce over the dough. Beginning at the long side, roll the dough into a log tightly . Pinch to seal the edges.
- Trim the ends and cut into 10-12 slices.
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease with a cooking spray. Arrange the rolls, cover with a towel and allow to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Uncover the rolls. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze: sugar, cream cheese, milk and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Spread the glaze and the remaining blueberry sauce over the rolls. Enjoy!
- Combine the blueberries and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook until the blueberries begin to pop. Add the cornstarch-water mixture. Cook further until thickens. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- First allow them to cool completely to room temperature. Once cooled, you can store them in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- If you want to keep them for longer, you can freeze them. Wrap each cinnamon roll individually in plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer-safe container or resealable plastic bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat frozen cinnamon rolls, remove them from the freezer and allow them to thaw at room temperature for a few hours or overnight. Once thawed, you can heat them up in the microwave for a few seconds or in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 5-10 minutes, until warm.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 50 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Dessert recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 317.63kcal
- Sugar: 24.14g
- Sodium: 2371.37mg
- Fat: 8.42g
- Saturated Fat: 4.75g
- Carbohydrates: 55.39g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 5.99g
- Cholesterol: 35.34mg
Keywords: cinnamon rolls, rolls, blueberries