- Fresh or frozen spinach- 1 kg ( 2 pounds)
- Chopped onion- 2 tbsp
- Butter-4 tbsp
- Salt-To Taste
- Meat Broth-1 cup meat broth diluted with 1 cup of water.
- Milk- 2 cups
- Whole Nutmeg-1
- Grated Parmesan cheese- 5 tbsp
- Crostini fried bread squares.
- When you use fresh spinach: First, trim all stems and discard all bruised and wilted leaves. In a sink full of cold water soak the spinach for several minutes. Drain and refill the sink/basin with some fresh cold water. Repeat the whole process until you have no soil traces in the water.
- Place freshly cleaned spinach in a pan. Put just 1 tablespoon of salt and cover the pan. Set the cooker heat at the medium level and you cook until the spinach becomes tender: it takes 5 minutes or even fewer, although the length will depend on the spinach’s’ freshness.
- Drain the tenderly cooked spinach. Once cool enough, shed most of its moisture, and coarsely chop them. When you use frozen spinach, shed moisture out of it once softened and coarsely chop. Blend spinach with milk and broth in your blender.
- In a soup pot, put the onion and butter and level the cooker heat to the medium. You sauté the onion till it turns pale gold. Pour spinach mixture into the pot and boil
- Add nutmeg and bring to simmer while stirring time to time.
- Grated Parmesan is then added and is stirred fully into the soup. You can now taste to the proper salting and turn off the cooker.
- Scoop into individual bowls. You serve crostini on the side.
Serving 5 or 6 people
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: SOUP RECIPES
- Cuisine: Italian