This is the Best Homemade Meatloaf recipe. It is the juiciest and tenderest meatloaf I’ve ever made. It has the best flavor and the most incredible tangy glaze topping. Serve this easy meatloaf with homemade pasta, mashed potatoes or steamed broccoli. Your whole family is going to love this hearty chunk of ground beef in a loaf shape. Best of all, it is quick, easy and budget-friendly!
- Vegetable oil- 2 tbsp.
- Onion ( finely diced)-1
- Garlic cloves ( minced)-4
- Panko bread crumbs-2 cups
- Milk -3/4 cup
- Ground beef ( lean or regular)- 1 kg/ 2.2 pound
- White Cheddar cheese ( shredded)- 1 cup
- Tomato paste- 3 tbsp.
- Large eggs - 2
- Worcestershire sauce-2 tbsp.
- Fresh parsley ( finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Dijon mustard- 1 tbsp.
- Salt- 1 tsp or to taste
- Ground black pepper- 1/2 tsp.
FOR THE GLAZE
- Ketchup- 3/4 cup
- Dark brown sugar- 2 tbsp.
- White vinegar-4 tbsp.
- Worcestershire sauce- 1 tbsp.
- Garlic powder- 1 tsp.
- Crack pepper- 1/2 tsp.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F / 200°C with the rack in the center of the oven. Spray a meatloaf pan with a cooking spray or grease with oil lightly. Grease also a grill skillet or a regular baking sheet.
- Soak panko bread crumbs in milk in a large bowl.
- Meantime heat 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil in a skillet and sauté the diced onion until translucent, then add garlic and continue cooking for a further 20-30 seconds until fragrant but not browned. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Combine the soaked bread crumbs with the sautéed onion/garlic, beef, Cheddar cheese, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, parsley, tomato sauce, ground black pepper and salt.
- Mix with your hands until just combined.
- Transfer the meat mixture into a greased loaf pan and press lightly to shape the meat loaf, then turn it out onto the prepared grill skillet.
- In a medium bowl mix all the ingredients for the glaze: ketchup, dark brown sugar, white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce,garlic powder and cracked black pepper.
- Pour half of the glaze over the meatloaf and spread evenly, using a spoon. Bake for 1 hour, then remove from the oven and spread the remaining glaze over the meatloaf.
- Return to the oven and bake another 15 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, jasmine rice, steamed broccoli or brown rice.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min
- Category: Beef recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 320 kcal
- Sodium: 217 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 109 mg
Keywords: meatloaf, best meatloaf recipe, how to make meatloaf, meatloaf, how long to cook meatloaf