This Belgian waffle recipe guarantees light and fluffy waffles on the inside, crispy on the outside every time! Best of all you will need a few ingredients to make these golden waffles.
- All-purpose flour-2 cups
- Corn starch- 2 tbsp.
- Baking powder-3 tsp.
- Granulated white sugar- 1/2 cup
- Ground cinnamon-1 tsp.
- Ground nutmeg- 1/4 tsp.
- Salt- 1/2 tsp.
- Small eggs ( separated)-3 or 2 large eggs
- Milk-2 cups
- Vegetable oil- 1/2 cup
- Cooking spay ( made of butter & oil) for cooking
- Preheat your waffle iron, spray with a cooking spray (if your waffle maker's plate has a nonstick surface, don't use a non-stick cooking spray.It will make your waffles stick to waffle plates).Keep aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, nutmeg, cornstarch, baking powder, granulated white sugar, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks using a hand mixer. Keep aside.
- Take another medium-sized bowl and mix egg yolks with vegetable oil and milk.
- Pour the egg yolks mixture into the dry ingredients and combine until lumps free, then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour about 1/2 cup batter into the hot waffle plate and cook according to manufacturer's directions. My waffle plate takes about 1/2 cup of batter per waffle. You may need to pour 3/4 -1 cup, depends on your waffle maker.
- Serve waffles immediately with Nutella,butter, honey or maple syrup, powdered sugar or any other fruit toppings.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Waffle recipes
- Cuisine: Belgian
- Serving Size: 100 gm
- Calories: 308kcal
- Sugar: 8.41g
- Fat: 18.55g
- Carbohydrates: 41.66g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 8.68g
Keywords: waffle recipe, waffles, waffle recipes, Belgian waffles