This BBQ Meatloaf is incredibly juicy, flavorful and absolutely delicious! It is seasoned to perfection and baked until tender. Homemade BBQ glaze adds smoky flavor to this delicious huge chunk of meat. This meatloaf recipe with BBQ sauce is perfect for a family dinner or any special occasion.
- Vegetable oil- 2 tbsp.
- Onion ( finely diced)-1
- Garlic cloves ( minced)-4
- Green bell pepper ( diced)- 1
- Panko bread crumbs-1 cup
- Milk -3/4 cup
- Ground beef ( lean or regular)- 1 kg/ 2.2 pound
- White Cheddar cheese ( shredded)- 1/4 cup
- BBQ sauce- 2 tbsp.
- Liquid smoke ( any of your choice)- 1/4 tsp.
- Large eggs – 2
- Worcestershire sauce-2 tbsp.
- Fresh dill ( finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Dijon mustard- 1 tsp.
- Yellow mustard- 1 tsp.
- Ground black pepper- 1 tsp.
- Salt- 1 tsp or to taste
FOR THE BBQ GLAZE
- BBQ sauce- 3/4 cup
- Dark brown sugar- 2 tbsp.
- White vinegar-3 tbsp.
- Garlic powder- 1 tsp.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F / 200°C with the rack in the center of the oven. Grease a loaf pan with oil lightly. Line a regular baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Soak panko bread crumbs in milk in a medium bowl.
- In a skillet heat vegetable oil and sauté the diced onion until golden. Add the minced garlic and continue cooking for another 20 seconds or until fragrant but not browned. Finally add the green bell pepper and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Remove from the stove and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for meatloaf: ground beef, sauteed veggies, soaked breadcrumbs, Cheddar cheese, eggs, dill, Worcestershire sauce, mustards, bbq sauce, liquid smoke, black pepper and salt. Mix just until combined. Don't overmix!
- Transfer into a loaf pan and form a meatloaf.
- Turn it out onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Pour half of the glaze over the meatloaf and spread with a spoon to cover. Bake for 1 hour at 400°F / 200°C, then remove from the oven and spread the remaining BBQ glaze over it.
- Bake another 15 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Beef recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 301 kcal
- Sodium: 205 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 98 mg
Keywords: bbq meatloaf, meatloaf recipe, meatloaf, how to make bbq meatloaf, juicy meatloaf, best meatloaf