These balsamic chicken breasts baked in oven are incredibly juicy and delicious. Seasoned with herbs and garlic, smothered in a tomato balsamic sauce and topped with melty mozzarella cheese.
- Chicken breasts (skinless)-4, about 2 lbs (1 kg)
- Olive oil-3 tablespoons
- Italian seasoning-1 teaspoon
- Dried oregano -1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves (minced)- 1 1/2 tablespoons ( 5-6 cloves)
- Crack pepper and salt-as needed
- Cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)-3 cups
- Half of red onion (sliced)
- Balsamic vinegar-1/4 cup
- Brown sugar-1 tablespoon
- Mozzarella cheese ( shredded or slices)-3/4 cup or 8 slices
- Fresh parsley or basil ( finely chopped)- 2 tablespoons
- Preheat your oven to 220° C (430°F).
- Place chicken breasts in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Season with salt, cracked pepper, Italian seasoning, dried oregano and minced garlic. Rub the garlic and spices all over each chicken breast. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Arrange tomatoes and onion on the bottom of the baking dish and around the chicken.
- Mix together the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a cup. Pour over the chicken breasts. Flip each chicken breast over to evenly coat in the sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and no pink in the middle . The cooking time may vary, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- Remove from the oven and top the chicken with mozzarella cheese. Broil for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil or parsley.
- Serve over pasta. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 408kcal
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 984mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 48g
- Cholesterol: 157mg
Keywords: balsamic chicken, baked chicken breasts, chicken recipes