Baked Shrimp Scampi with bread crumbs is a fancy dish and takes only 12 minutes to prepare. Juicy, tender shrimp coated with crispy, buttery bread crumbs and cooked with plenty of lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Shrimp ( peeled & deveined)- 1 kg/ 2 pounds
- Salted butter(melted)-1/3 cup
- Panko bread crumbs-1/3 cup
- Garlic cloves (finely chopped)-5
- Shallot( finely chopped)-1, small
- Fresh lemon juice- 2 tbsp.
- Chicken stock/water- 2 tbsp.
- Grated Parmesan cheese- 2 tbsp.
- Red chili flakes- 1/2 tsp.
- Fresh parsley/ cilantro- 2-3 tbsp.
- Salt-as needed
- Preheat your oven to 220 C/ 425 F with the rack in the middle position.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter, bread crumbs, garlic, shallot, red chili flakes, lemon juice, grated Parmesan cheese, chicken stock and parsley.
- Place the shrimp in a large mixing bowl, add the panko mixture and toss gently to coat. Transfer the shrimp with the panko mixture to a baking dish.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until just cooked through. To get crispy and browned shrimp, position a rack in the upper third position with settings to broil and bake for another 1-2 min.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Shrimp recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: shrimp recipes, shrimp, seafood