Orange cauliflower is a quick, delicious and incredibly addictive vegan dish. Baked crispy cauliflower florets are tossed in a sticky sweet orange sauce and garnished with scallions and fresh cilantro.
- Small head of cauliflower ( cut into florets)-1
- Fresh cilantro ( finely chopped)-1 tsp.
- Scallions (sliced)-1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- FOR THE BATTER
- All-purpose flour-3/4 cup
- Cold water- 3/4 cup
- Salt- 1/2 tsp.
- Black pepper- 1/4 tsp.
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Juice of 2 oranges - 3/4 cup or 180 ml
- Dark soy sauce- 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Corn starch- 1 tbsp , dissolved in 1 tbsp of water.
- Rice vinegar-1 tbsp.
- Brown sugar- 1 tsp. or more, amount depends on the sweetness of your oranges.
- Preheat your oven to 450 F /230 C.
- In a medium bowl whisk the batter ingredients together until well combined and lumps free. The batter should be thick to coat the cauliflower florets.
- Spray a baking sheet or a skillet with vegetable oil. Keep aside.
- Dredge florets in the batter, shake off excess batter and place on baking sheet/ or cast iron skillet.
- Bake cauliflower florets until golden brown , about 20 minutes.
- In a small pan combine the sauce ingredients and bring it to a simmer. Cook , stirring until sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the baked cauliflower florets and toss to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro and scallions. Serve with steamed Jasmine rice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Vegetarian
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: orange cauliflower, cauliflower recipes, vegan