These juicy, tender baked chicken legs are budget-friendly & easy to make. They are baked in a blue cheese dressing sauce with Italian herbs. Are you a chicken meat lover? Then, allow me to introduce you to a budget-friendly and ultimate effortless recipe. Yeah, am talking about baked chicken legs, ever heard of this recipe?
Chicken legs are least expensive, coincidentally they are my favorite chicken cuts and for this reason this turn out to be my best recipe. I can confidently say I have finally succeeded and what I am going to reveal is a delicious baked chicken legs recipe.
I assure you that this is a recipe you will find interesting and will probably make them often. The recipe is outlined in a special way to ensure it is fit for everyone even the busy professional who don’t have a lot of time to prepare meals. You only need to prepare the chicken legs, put them in the oven, and continue to prepare the other meals. We all love easy and quick meals and you will marvel at the convenience this recipe will accord you. Do you want to know more about my long-time favorite meal?
The secret to getting juicy and tender baked chicken legs is cooking it at low temperatures for long. This allows the legs to caramelize deliciously and the connective tissues turn into tasty gelatin. The constant turning of the legs while baking maintains the juices through the meat rather than outside. This works magic and is the reason the baked legs come out deliciously.
The recipe can be done in the oven but it is also highly adaptable to slow cookers, it’s very versatile. I baked mine in the oven because it’s simple and gives flavorful chicken legs. To get a crispy skin ensure your chicken legs are as dry as possible.
The last and the most important trick about baked chicken legs is the seasoning. To have finger licking good chicken legs, marinate them overnight and do it to perfection. The seasoning will penetrate the chicken meat and your baked chicken legs will be perfectly seasoned from the skin to the center. To have the chicken legs perfectly seasoned loosen the skin from the meat by carefully sliding your fingers between the two layers. Rub you spice mix between the skin and the meat and drizzle the remaining on the skin.
The most fascinating aspect about this recipe is that it uses readily available ingredients. In fact to marinade the chicken legs you only need a few ingredients which you will probably find in your kitchen.
If you are looking for an easy and inexpensive meal for your party, then baked chicken legs is the way to go. They will leave your crowd satisfied and amazed by your kitchen skills.
I got one more trick, if you are trying to cut your weight, you can reduce the number of calories and amount of fat in the baked chicken legs by removing the skin.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CHICKEN LEGSPrint
BAKED CHICKEN LEGS
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Chicken legs- 1 kg or 2.2 lb
- Blue cheese dressing- ½ cup
- Garlic cloves ( grated/minced)- 3-4
- White pepper- ½ tsp
- Dry rosemary-1 tbsp
- Italian spice mix( without salt)- 2 tbsp
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt -to taste
- Chicken broth- ¼ cup
- Brown mushrooms ( sliced)- ¼ cup
- Fresh parsley( finely chopped)- 1 tbsp
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees with the rack in the center.
- In a small bowl combine the blue cheese dressing, the minced garlic, white pepper, Italian spice mix , salt, olive oil & dry rosemary. Mix well.
- Place the chicken legs in a large skillet & pour in the marinade. Marinate the chicken legs for 10 – 20 minutes or for up to 5 hours for really strong flavor.
- Put the skillet with the chicken legs in the oven and bake 10 minutes. When the legs begin to brown, remove from the oven & add the sliced mushrooms. Pour in the chicken broth.
- Put again in the oven and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: International
Leave a Reply