Baked breaded chicken cutlets are crispy and absolutely packed with tender, juicy flavor. It’s got all the crispy, tasty goodness of fried chicken but none of the greasy feeling on your fingers.
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 6 fillets
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 400°F | 200°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the rack in the sheet.
- In a medium bowl combine the mayo with garlic, lemon pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, paprika and salt. Keep aside.
- In a separate shallow bowl mix together the breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese.
- Divide the mayo mixture between the chicken fillets and rub all over the chicken.
- Now using tongs dredge the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture and place it on the baking sheet ( lined with parchment paper) with rack.
- Spray the chicken with cooking oil spray and bake in the preheated oven at 400°F | 200°C for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through, or internal temperature reaches 165°F. Flip the chicken over after 6-7 minutes of cooking.
- Serve immediately.
Air Fryer Method
- Preheat your air fryer.
- Place the breaded chicken fillets into your air fryer basket, spray with cooking spray and air fry for 8-10 minutes at 400°F | 200°C. Flip each cutlet over after 5 minutes, spray with more cooking spray and continue cooking until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. The cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of your cutlets and air fryer. You may need to cook the chicken in batches not to overcrowd the basket.
Avoid dredging your chicken too early. You want to dredge the chicken cutlets only moments before you bake them. If you go too early, your breadcrumbs will become soggy from sitting on the moist surface of the chicken. This makes them go soft and stops them from becoming crispy and crunchy.
Generously coat the chicken cutlets in cooking spray. This spray covering helps the chicken’s dredged surface to become crispy and flaky, just the way we like it. It’s like fried chicken, only healthier!
Cut your chicken cutlets evenly. Although not all chicken breasts are the same size, you should aim to have uniform sizing across your cutlets. You want them all about the same size and thickness to ensure that they all cook evenly. If not, some will be cooked while others are still pink in the middle.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 437kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 1142mg
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 28g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
Keywords: breaded chicken, chicken breast, chicken recipes