- Large aubergines- 2
- Greek yogurt-4 tbsp.
- Tahini- 2 tbsp.
- Garlic clove ( minced)-1
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Green chili (finely chopped)
- Olive oil for drizzling- as needed
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Pomegranate seeds - 2 tbsp.
- Preheat your oven to 220 C/ 425 F/ Gas 9. Pierce each aubergine with a fork to vent. Drizzle them with olive oil and either cook in the oven until they are charred ( about 30-45 minutes) or hold them over a gas flame until you see the skin blisters and blackens all over. To get the smoky flavor, you need to scorch the aubergines from the outside.
- Once the aubergines are cooked and browned, peel the skin, scoop out the the roasted pulpy flesh and chop it into small pieces. Mash it with a fork.
- Put them into a sieve to drain the excess water.
- Transfer the drained aubergines to a large bowl, add the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Mix well together and adjust salt and yogurt to your liking.
- Add in the chopped green chili and mix through.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with pomegranate seeds before serving.
- Category: Dips
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern