- Ripe avocado- 1
- Chickpeas ( rinsed & drained) - 1 can 15 oz
- Garlic cloves ( minced) -2
- Tahini paste-2 tbsp.
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Roasted cumin seeds- 1 tsp.
- Olive oil- 1/4 cup, plus extra to drizzle
- Pinch of salt
- FOR GARNISH
- Spring onions ( sliced)- 1 tbsp.
- Parsley ( finely chopped)- 1/2 tbsp.
- Ground black pepper- as needed
- Roasted cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp.
- Scoop out the flesh of avocado and put it in a food processor. Add in the chickpeas, the minced garlic cloves, tahini paste, lemon juice, cumin seeds, olive oil & a pinch of salt, then pulse until roughly smooth.
- Adjust salt & transfer to a serving bowl or platter.
- Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with the spring onions, fresh parsley, ground black pepper and 1/4 tsp of roasted cumin seeds.
# 1 If you’d like to stress more the avocado flavor simply reduce the tahini slightly, and if you want a traditional taste then leave it as it is.
# 2 You can also make avocado hummus ahead of time, but in this case cover surface with plastic before chilling, otherwise, the mixture can turn brown thanks to avocados. It can be made up to four days ahead and you can keep also leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
A food processor
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Sauces & dips/Vegan
- Cuisine: Arabic