This Homemade Alfredo Sauce recipe is the best! It is creamy, flavorful, rich, delicious and is much better than any restaurant Alfredo sauce.
- Light/heavy cooking cream - 1 cup
- Unsalted butter ( room temperature)- 2 tbsp.
- Cream cheese- 75 gm/ 2.6 oz / 1/3 cup
- Parmesan cheese ( freshly grated) -2/3 cup
- Large egg yolk- 1
- Freshly ground nutmeg-1 pinch
- Italian seasoning- 1/2 tsp.
- White pepper- 1/4 tsp.
- Salt -to taste
- In a medium saucepan melt butter and cream cheese over low heat, whisk until melted.
- Add the cooking cream and stir to combine and until it becomes hot.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and whisk until melted. Add the nutmeg, Italian seasoning, white pepper and salt.
- Separate the egg white and egg yolk. When the sauce is about to boil, remove from the stove and add the egg yolk while whisking for 1 min.
- Return on the stove, bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens,stirring continuously.
- Serve with pastas, chicken, fish or veggies.
* Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Sauce recipe
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 100 g
- Calories: 147 kcal
- Sugar: 0.92 g
- Fat: 15.01 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.99 g
- Protein: 2.68 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
Keywords: Alfredo sauce, homemade Alfredo sauce, sauces