This air fryer salmon is so flaky and delicious. It is a quick and easy to make salmon recipe. Ready in 10 minutes and low carb!
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F |205°C.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, paprika, salt and thyme.
- Brush each salmon fillet with olive oil, rub with garlic and season with the paprika mixture. Squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on top.
- Place the salmon in the air fryer and air fry for 9-12 minutes. Please note that thicker salmon fillets take longer to air fry. The internal temperature in the thickest part should be 145°F | 63°C. Time may vary between air fryers.
- Remove the salmon from the air fryer basket using tongs.
- Serve with veggies, lemon wedges, tartar sauce or salad. Enjoy!
- Always be sure to have fillets of similar thickness. This makes sure they take the same amount of time to cook, they all cook evenly, and you don’t end up with errant over- or under-cooked pieces of salmon. You may need to cook salmon in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. That’s OK! It’s better to have perfectly cooked salmon and wait a little longer than imperfectly cooked salmon for the impatient.
- Check how done your salmon is with a fork! The time needed to cook your salmon will vary depending on the thickness of each piece. Take a fork, see if the salmon flakes easily under a little pressure, and decide if it’s done or not. Cooked salmon is opaque, not translucent. It should be barely opaque. Overcooked salmon dries out and has a solid orange-pink color, while undercooked salmon will retain a line or band of translucent, darker pinkness.
- Preheat your air fryer! An air fryer is pretty much a miniature oven. Just as you would when baking, always preheat the air fryer. This ensures that the salmon goes in at the appropriate cooking temperature and gets a nice sear. If the salmon goes into an air fryer that is still heating up, it won’t sear, and may lose moisture in the process. It’s easier just to preheat the fryer as you’re preparing your salmon fillets.
- Avoid overcrowding the basket. It’s better to cook your salmon in batches. Crowding the basket will make the salmon take longer to cook, compromise the sear, and in some cases prevent the sides of the fillet from being exposed to the heat in the fryer. Worse, the moisture from the fillets touching each other will prevent the deliciously crispy sear from forming.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Category: Salmon recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 356kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 277mg
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 103g
Keywords: air fryer salmon, salmon recipes, air fryer recipes