These air fryer potato skins are incredibly crispy! They’re topped with bacon, green onions, and just the right amount of sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese to make this an aromatic, beautiful snack.
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ranch dressing seasoning
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Sour cream for topping, optional
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely sliced
- Wash potatoes under running water then dry with a kitchen towel.
- Poke the potatoes all over with a fork, rub with oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Add the potatoes to the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 400°F. Flip the potatoes and cook further for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size. Use tongs to transfer to a plate. Allow to cool.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh leaving 1/4-inch around the inside of the skin.
- Whisk together melted butter, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl. Brush the potato skins all over and sprinkle with ranch seasoning.
- Arrange the potato skins in the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes at 400°F. Remove the basket, flip and bake another 5 minutes. Remove the basket.
- Top with cheeses and bacon. Air fry for additional 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and garnish with green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Storage: Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for a few days as long as you store them in an airtight container.
To reheat your potato skins in the air fryer, we recommend putting them in the air fryer tray at 350 degrees. Give them about 3-4 minutes in the air fryer. For best results, be sure not to overcrowd the air fryer with too many skins.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Category: Air fryer recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 369kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 662mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
Keywords: air fryer potato skins, potato skins in air fryer, how to make potato skins in air fryer