This air fryer parmesan crusted chicken with mayo is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. It is big on flavor and will be ready in less than 15 minutes.
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or parsley leaves to garnish
The Garlic Mayounnaise
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- Salt to taste
The Parmesan Coating
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F | 199°C.
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 4 fillets.
- Place the chicken on the cutting board, cover with plastic and pound into an even piece with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Divide the mixture between fillets and spread all over the chicken.
- Mix together the panko bread crumbs and parmesan in a shallow bowl. Dredge each fillet in the parmesan mixture, pressing lightly into the coating with the tongs. Then turn and repeat. Shake off excess coating.
- Place the chicken in the basket and cook for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. After 5-6 minutes of cooking, remove the basket and carefully flip over the chicken, using tongs.
- Garnish with fresh oregano or parsley. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Chicken recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 236kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 780mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
Keywords: air fryer chicken breast, air fryer parmesan crusted chicken, chicken breast recipes