This air fryer mahi mahi is a surefire hit. It is juicy and tender inside, and you can cut back on calories and fats while enjoying flavorsome, delicious food. This air fryer mahi mahi recipe also doesn’t require any breading.
- 4 ( 5-ounces each) mahi mahi fillets, skin on or off
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced , optional for topping*
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- Pat the mahi mahi fillets dry. Set aside.
- Mix together the softened butter, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Brush the air fryer basket with oil. Place the fillets in the basket. Top with garlic butter (about 1 tablespoon per fillet) and lemon slices ( optional).
- Air fry at 375°F (190°C) for 10-12 minutes. The internal temperature should reach 145°F| 63°C.
- Garnish with parsley and green onions.
- Serve with air fryer basket juices and enjoy!
Lemon slices: Thick skinned lemons can make your mahi mahi taste bitter. Look for thinner skinned lemons that have less pith and would be less bitter when cooked in slices. You can drizzle lemon juice over fillets instead, top with garlic butter and air fry.
Storage: Any leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. Fish, however, isn’t usually as nice upon reheating as it is when cooked fresh. It’s probably easier just to cook the amount of fish that you plan on eating in a single sitting.
Reheating: You can reheat cooked fish from the fridge in the air fryer if you want. Air frying it fresh out of the fridge at 350 F| 175 C for about four to five minutes should raise the temperature without drying your fish out. You could also try reheating on the stovetop with a little oil in the pan.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Air fryer recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 223kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 1481mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 40g
- Cholesterol: 156mg
Keywords: air fryer mahi mahi, mahi mahi recipe air fryer