These Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers are awesomely creamy and cheesy. They’re filled with cream cheese along with cheddar, green onions, ranch seasoning and topped with crispy breadcrumbs!
- 6 medium jalapeños, 3-inches long each
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Halve jalapeños lengthwise. Scoop out and discard seeds, using a small spoon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cilantro, green onions, garlic, lime zest, ranch seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine Panko crumbs and melted butter.
- Season the inside of each halved jalapeño with salt and pepper. Fill each half with about 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture. Top with the crumbs.
- Place the peppers in your air fryer basket in an even layer and cook for 6-8 minutes at 375 F.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then serve warm.
As a pro tip, when you’re buying peppers, you can usually see how hot the jalapenos are based on their appearance. Small brown scar-like lines on the pepper, referred to as “corking”, correlate with heat levels in the chili. That’s because the growing conditions that cause the “corking” to appear also encourage the development of heat in the pepper. Less corking - as with most jalapenos sold for the US consumer market - generally means a sweeter, less spicy pepper.
If you have anyone in the house who is very sensitive to heat, however, make sure to avoid peppers with lots of tiny brown lines. As long as you avoid touching or eating the seeds or membranes, and thoroughly clean them out of the peppers, you shouldn’t have overly spicy jalapeno poppers. Of course, that’s if you want to avoid them! If you prefer a hot, spicy popper, feel free to let them be as spicy as you like it!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Category: Air fryer recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 72g
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 149mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: jalapeno peppers, air fry jalapeno poppers, air fried jalapeno poppers