Air fryer churros are crispy, easy to make, and without all the oil and fat. That’s right, you can make perfectly delicious churros in your air fryer!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup+2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose or plain flour
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan heat the butter over medium heat. Add in the water, sugar, vanilla and salt. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes while mixing occasionally.
- Add in the flour and mix rapidly with a large wooden spatula. Stir until the mixture thickens and forms a ball.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes or until warm to the touch.
- Once the dough is a little bit cooler, add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until completely incorporated. Transfer the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip nozzle. I recommend the Wilton 1M or Ateco 845/846.
- Pipe 5-inch long churros onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat. Cut the end with scissors.
- Refrigerate the baking sheet for 30-60 minutes or until firm.
- Three minutes before your churros are ready to be air fried, preheat your air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Gently remove the semi-frozen churros from the parchment paper and place them into your air fryer basket. Spray with cooking oil spray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. You might need to bake them in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer. Keep the remaining churros in the freezer, while the first batch is frying.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Immediately place the baking churros in the sugar mixture and toss to coat. Work in batches.
- Serve with Nutella, dulce de leche or jam.
Always freeze your dough for the best shape. Thirty minutes of freezing is enough.
Always preheat your air fryer about three minutes before cooking so the dough goes into a hot, ready space.
Coat your churros in cinnamon sugar straight out of the fryer. The sugar sticks to the churros better when they’re hot.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Air fryer recipes
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 243kcal
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 165mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
Keywords: air fryer churros, churros air fryer, air fryer recipes, churros, how to make churros in air fryer