Healthy & innovative Watermelon avocado salad is a perfect flavorsome summer dish. The juiciness of watermelon makes it a tantalizing dish you can’t resist.I truly believe that salads should be light, healthy and tasty. Otherwise, why go for a salad and not the main meal.
Today I got a chance to mix 2 of my favorite things: avocado & watermelon, I found another way to enjoy this wonderful, inimitable fruit.
I am sure you have seen so many times Watermelon avocado salad on restaurants menus but you never had the guts to try it .Watermelon, avocado, shrimps….Such an unusual combination!
So it is a perfect chance to try making this refreshing, light, vibrant salad in your kitchen, and you will wonder why you haven’t tried it before.
It will take not more than 15 minutes to make this salad. You can eat it as a starter or light lunch.
The dressing for this Watermelon avocado salad is exciting and refreshing, with a nice kick from garlic.
Trust me, this Watermelon avocado salad will entice your taste buds and it will quickly become a favorite in your home.
WATERMELON AVOCADO SALAD
- Ripe avocado ( peeled, pitted & diced) -1
- Red Onion ( finely chopped)-1
- Shrimps ( peeled and cooked)- 1 cup
- Watermelon wedges ( deseeded & diced)-1 cup
- Lime juice- 1 tbsp
- Rice vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Red chili flakes- ½ tsp
- Sugar- ½ tsp
- Garlic clove (minced)-1
- Coriander leaves ( chopped)- 2 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- In a medium bowl combine the garlic, lime juice, rice vinegar, red chili , sugar, salt and onion.
- Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Add in avocado, watermelon, coriander, shrimps, then toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately!
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images & content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you wanna to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation & hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE