It is the best Hummus recipe you have ever tried! This super creamy, thick dip will help to keep your body healthy and fit. Hummus is an exploration, approach to life and a yummy food that appeals to every taste. Outstandingly delicious taste!
Hummus is probably one of the tastiest and one of the easiest dishes made of legumes. It’s classic Middle Eastern dip made of chickpeas and usually served with pitta or flat bread. The hummus recipe below will give you perfect traditional hummus with green pepper sauce, and will prove that the most delicious things are quite often the easiest to make. Basically, it does not require any cooking, just a food processor, and seven main ingredients. It’s a good base to start experimenting with flavors and customizing it to your own taste. This recipe uses tahini paste which adds deep flavor and zest to the dish, though some people prefer to avoid it.
The first question is whether to use tinned chickpeas or not. Traditionally hummus is made of chickpeas, that were previously soaked at least for a night and then cooked. Nowadays it is easier to buy a can of ready ones. Both ways are acceptable, but if you’ve decided to save your time make sure you chose the proper product. Sometimes it will cost you more but remember that it affects the final result greatly, so be careful.
If you’ve decided to make everything by yourself, you need to make sure that after soaking and cooking chickpeas are soft enough, otherwise, you won’t get the smooth buttery texture of your hummus. To ensure this use an old trick and add a little bicarbonate of soda to the soaking water.
Another way to make hummus softer is to remove the skins of each chickpea after it is cooked. It goes off very easily but considering the size it sounds like madness. In fact, it won’t take more than ten minutes.
If you like to add richness without weight, follow this hummus recipe that uses Greek yogurt and you get tender whippedness of the dip.
Topping with green sauce and pomegranate seeds does not only add piquancy and taste to the hummus but also makes it an eye candy and really hard to resist.
MIDDLE EAST HUMMUS RECIPE
- HUMMUS حمص بالطحينة
- Chickpeas- 1 can (400 gm)
- Tahini paste- 2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp.
- Garlic clove (minced) – 2
- Olive oil (Palestinian oil preferred) – ¼ cup
- Greek yoghurt- 1 tbsp.
- Pinch of salt
- GREEN PEPPER SAUCE
- Sweet green pepper (finely chopped)-1
- Green chili (chopped) - 1
- Garlic clove (minced) – 1
- Lemon juice- ¼ cup
- Pinch of salt
- TO GARNISH
- Deep-fried pine & split almonds- 1 tbsp.
- Mint leaves- 2-4
- Pomegranate seeds- 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil- as needed
- Chickpeas – 1 tbsp.
- Like an appetizer
- Filling for pita
- Dip for grill
- MAKING SAUCE. In a food processor blend together a sweet green pepper, a green chili, a garlic clove, lemon juice and salt. Put in a small bowl.
- MAKING HUMMUS. Reserve 1 tbsp. of chickpeas for topping.
- Put the chickpeas, tahini paste, the minced garlic, lemon juice, Greek yoghurt and a pinch of salt in your food processor. Process until you get the desired texture.
- With the motor running, gradually pour in the olive oil to get even and soft texture.
- Transfer the Hummus into the center of a serving bowl or platter, spread evenly with the back of the spoon to make a boarder.
- Top it with the green sauce, pomegranate seeds, and scatter with the reserved chickpeas & the deep-fried pine nuts. Garnish with the mint leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
If the Hummus appears to be thick, add some water, a tablespoon a t a time, until you reach the desired consistency.
Garlic should always be peeled and minced before mixing with other ingredients.
You can use any spices (cumin, paprika, fennel seeds) depending on your taste preferences.
Hummus can be prepared using cannellini beans, green soybeans black-eyed beans,
I suggest to use the dried chickpeas over the canned ones because they truly make the difference.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE